Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Build your own car


Early in the life of this blog, I mentioned one concept that whose time I thought would – mass market custom automobiles. And why not? We are an individual society and there are those who have always bristled at owning something the masses also own – be that for reasons of individual expression or elitism. Funny how those two words work together.

I have finally seen one of the first products to address this. Trexa is a company offering an electric drivetrain for $16k. On that platform, one is able to design and build any variation. I can't wait to see the designs this allows. There's no steering wheel so the entire car could be driven using buttons and levers, if one so chooses.

I have a good mind to design a few myself and see how much it would cost.

Hat tip: Gizmodo

No comments: