Saturday, March 27, 2010

Alexander McQueen RIP



This blog has been far more technology focused in the last few months. I'm not sure why since I've been as interested in all of the other topics that I have written about in the past – fashion, cars, architecture etc.

I've decided to pay homage to Alexander McQueen. I've always found his work to be intriguing. He managed to capture the zeitgeist coupled with impeccable tailoring. I will miss his vision. I imagine working on his final collection was difficult for him emotionally. Seeing pictures of it and the motifs he used – the afterlife – clearly this was a man who wanted to leave this earth and go into the next. It's ironic because he managed to foretell the future with his vision.

Thanks to Gilt Groupe, I own an Alexander McQueen overcoat. It's not very warm so it's really doesn't do the job that I wanted it to do. But it looks stunning. I will treasure it until I reach the place where he is now. RIP McQueen.

Photo credit: Catwalking.com via NYT

No comments: