Monday, April 26, 2010

Christina Aguilera Bionic Press Conference (Part 1)

I got the link to this video from a gossipy site that took Christina Aguilera for complaining that someone on the set was coughing during her interview.

That was interesting enough but what REALLY intrigued me started at about the 4:34 mark. There she talks about the creative process, one that is surprisingly visual considering she's a music artist.

If you have been in a focus group, you probably have done a collage exercise – tearing words and pictures from magazines with the goal of describing the 'mood' of a brand, person or product. Well Christina does that for her recordings. She tears pictures and the like from magazines, creates mood boards and then takes them to her producers to impart the 'feel' of the song that she's trying to achieve.

I can't say I am a fan of Christina but I do have more respect for her as an artist knowing the work she puts into every release.


No comments: