Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lose It!





So my quest for an insane body for summer has been given a HUGE boost by the calorie counter app called Lose It! from a company called Fit Now. While I read random things about it online, I got turned onto it through a friend who is undergoing her own transformation. Last time I saw her, she looked amazing.

I've never been much of a calorie counter, having usually lost weight through just exercise alone. But I thought doing this would be a good exercise. I remember I did a post some time ago on 'life tracking' – keeping track of the stats of one's health. So while I have a motive in mind – Speedo this summer – I also wanted to understand my eating habits in general. In addition, I worked on a diet product recently and I began thinking about how and what we ate. It's sad seeing so many people

Overall, I eat a lot better than I thought. Where I fall off the wagon is at night and on the weekends, which is common for most people. I'm also a little concerned on my sodium intake so will be making adjustments there.

Even if you don't need to lose weight, it's a well-designed intuitive program with a great database. It's also easy to add your own items. Many recipes now come with nutritional information but there are many sites – such as this one – that help you calculate that information based on the ingredients and the number of servings. Fun!

Maybe I'm getting too anal. But I'll worry about that when the summer is over.

No comments: