Friday, March 6, 2009

Standing Car




In the 'huh' category of personal transport, this standing car design concept by Mattieus Pinkert. The designer note:

Slide is a city car for one individual, in which you do not sit but stand. The low cross-section should be effective against the parking situations of tomorrow. Unnecessary empty rides of one individual in a car with two or four seats belongs to the past. Through an open design and the upright position during the ride, the user are able to communicate with the other participants of traffic in a special way. They are in an equal position of eye height with pedestrians and cyclists.


As you know I support alternative transportation visions. But if I had to chose between this and a Smart, I'd chose the Smart. What this concept lacks is storage. There is none. I don't see where even a basket can be attached. Plus do I want to be standing all the time?


I think the designer envisioned a cross between a Segue and a scooter. This design needs more refinement for it to be practical.


But it looks cool so why not.


Hat tip [Industrial Design Served]

No comments: