Thursday, January 8, 2009

Finally a cool small HD video camera (not in this color though)


Sony has come out with the camera I've been waiting for – the MHS-PM1 Webbie HD Camera. I hate the name. It's designed to make it easier to post garbage onto YouTube in stunning quality. It's also a 5MP still camera, which is awesome. It comes in three colors – silver, purple and the mildly okay orange shown here. All this for $169!

I know that there are other offerings out there, namely the very popular Flip camera. From an industrial design standpoint, the Flip is not something I want to carry around. Honestly, it looks gross to me.

The Sony cam is cool because it comes a popular Sony invention, the rotating lens. That makes it easy to film your subject and then flip the lens towards you for color commentary. 

I will be picking one up as soon as it is introduced. Shop-alongs will never be the same. 

No comments: