Sunday, January 11, 2009

Total Drama Island

I once worked on stuff geared for Tweens (11-14) stuff and got hooked on kids entertainment. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Truth is I've always been a big animation fan – from Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry to the Simpsons. My current favorites are Family Guy and American Dad. Seth MacFarlane is a mastermind. 

On the kids side, I've seen a few shows that are fun – Angry Beavers on Nick, awesome – but now I have a new obsession. Total Drama Island on Cartoon Network, a spoof of Survivor-type reality shows. The clip is the opening sequence and gives you just a taste of the wit in this show. 

What is great about the show is the 'dress down' of various reality show and teen drama stereotypes. Think Breakfast Club meets Real World meets Survivor. Fun show. I've only seen a few of them but look forward to seeing them all.


No comments: