Friday, June 19, 2009

I weakened



I'm sure no one is surprised to know that I weakened and picked up a 3GS this afternoon. *head bows in shame*

Now that the faux shame is done, I have to say it's awesome.

The speed increase is noticeable and much appreciated. The lag in the software – especially while typing – started to get to me. I think it was worse because I had a significant number of apps installed. I decided to take the plunge for three reasons, two of which as highlighted in this image – imaging, specifically video, and the compass. In my travels, there are many occasions where I have to find someone's home in a strange city. The iPhone's GPS saved my butt many times but sometimes it's difficult to figure out what direction to go until one has driven a few hundred yards. The compass takes the guesswork out of one's position.

Imaging is the other issue I've had. iPhone pictures are quite decent for a camera, more so thanks to apps, but the addition of autofocus and auto white balance can't be anything but good. And who can say no to video. As soon as MMS goes live, I'm sure I'll take full advantage.

So stay tuned. More observations to come. But it's a pretty awesome upgrade, in my opinion.

No comments: