Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just desserts

I'm not a fan of Perez Hilton. In fact, while I used to think his site was cute, his tone became more and more aggressive and obnoxious in the last few months as his 'fame' increased. He is so rude and degrading that it's become difficult to read his blog.

After his little Will.I.am drama, I'm done. In fact, I've taken his blog off my blogroll, which is a big deal for me. It was a long time coming. People like him can dish it out but can't take it.

On TMZ, someone wrote what I think is the perfect description of him and others like him. Thanks Dani:

"Mario will never own up to it. He behaves like a narcissist and a sociopath, which means he doesn't admit wrongdoing, ever, does not apologize, doesn't take personal responsibility for his action or words, talks out of two sides of his mouth, feels that it's okay for him to do certain things but not others, (different standards of behavior) and in general doesn't feel remorse for anything that he does. There's something very empty and lacking within him. If you've ever seen him in interviews it's interesting to watch his face and hear his tone of voice when asked if he ever feels bad about what he does to people (and sometimes the children of celebs) on his blog - the look of surprised confusion on his face just about says it all. He can't compute what they're referring to because he can't feel what a normal personal feels. So when they ask that it's like he runs into a wall.

All his grandstanding (marches, protests, etc.) in the streets on behalf of gay rights is just a show, it's something for him to do so he can look good, like he was "on the front line battlefield" or something. Then he'll take credit for it later when gay rights finally happen, like, "I was there, I made it happen, it was me!" Narcissists take credit for things they really didn't have much (or any) involvement in, while refusing to take responsibility for the negative things they do actually do."

No comments: