Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kindle everywhere

There are reports today that Amazon's Bezos sees the Kindle devices as more of a means to an end – with that end being more electronic sales of books. That means that applications like the current iPhone Kindle app could very well compete with the company's dedicated Kindle devices.

I'm all for it. I use my Kindle app more than I use the 1st Gen Kindle, which suffers from enough industrial-design issues that I don't use it as often as I did in the past. Who am I kidding.... I just want the newer flatter one. I've even considered the larger DX version so that I can get native PDF support – something very important to me and my workflow.

The one major thing missing from the Kindle app is the ability to annote and add notes to certain passages in the book. I love this feature and really feel its absence in the app. Bookmarks just don't cut it. I hope the next version of the Kindle app adds it.

Hat tip [MacNN via Electronista]

No comments: