Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's official

iPhone 3.0 is out and crashing the iTunes Store everywhere. Including here. Fortunately I avoided the rush to download the software a few days ago by mysterious means.

Originally my plan was to avoid upgrading to the new 3GS for a few months. AT&T's pricing for existing iPhone 3G was just too high to justify it. Now it seems as though they will be offering those who bought the 3G in the first few months of its launch, which was pretty much every Apple geek out there, including your truly.

It's a significant enough discount to make it worth the additional features which I know I will use – specifically better picture quality through auto focus, the compass for GPS and video recording. I could also complain about the speed but honestly it's not that big of a deal breaker for me.


No comments: