Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mac news cont'd

I was a bit unfair in my criticisms of Mac news in my previous post. I complained that I hadn't heard very much in light of what thought would have been a very busy news period in the Mac universe. I get the sense that there is a lot of news but it is under wraps until the official launch, based on some comment made on one of the geek blogs – Engagimodo. It's all very hush hush. Calm before the storm again.

Okay Engagimodo is not a real blog but rather the names of the two tech heavyweights combined. They would probably die to see the names combined as such. But I feel they are very similar and report on many of the same things. Their individual original reporting is fantastic but the spin isn't so different to prevent them from blurring together. I'll have to pay more attention to the writing to make sure.

What is happening now I do like and that's the deep dives into the material covered in the Keynote, particularly the new MacBook Pros recently introduced – and one that will be in this household sooner than later. I'm trying to decide between the always-with-me MacBook Air vs. the equivalent power of my iMac in the 13" MBP. What will it be – features or featherweight. It will be a difficult choice, especially since the purchase of a computer will negate the ability to upgrade to the next iPhone.

Speaking of the Keynote, I finally watched it all. Some exciting things coming this way.

No comments: