Sunday, December 7, 2008

Posh Spice has the last laugh

This morning as I was taking my dog out for a walk, I reflected upon Posh and where she is now. I don't think any of us would have imagined that she'd become the biggest of the five of them, in terms of celebrity. She rarely smiled. I always thought her voice was the weakest of the bunch. But through a series of deft career moves, including marrying the hotness that is David Beckham, she's climbed to the top. 

I lived in London when the Spice Girls were huge and every 5 year old girl was singing "If You Wanna Be My Lover." I worked for London Transport at the time and we were having a conversation about the Spice Girls. One of my colleagues sneered at the label 'Posh'. 

Him: "You hear that accent? More like Socio-economic Class D' Spice." For those unfamiliar with how Britain separates the masses, see this

But in the picture below, it occurred to me she has become the label created for her. She has grown into her 'posh-ness' and is no longer anything close to 'socio-economic class D'. She's all A-List, baby. 

I wonder what my former colleague thinks about her now. 

No comments: