Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wii Fit Mania



I'm sure everyone I know is sick of hearing me talk about the Wii, especially Wii Fit, but I just find it the most amazing machine. Yes I have watched the video series interviewing the Fit's creator and team of developers. If you haven't seen or read the series, you really should. It's more than just a discussion on bits and bites. 

True confessions. I am not much of a gamer, at least in the traditional sense. I like video games but I just don't submerge myself in the same way my friends and even my brothers do. That's not to say that I don't play; I do. But my love for my XBox pales in comparison to my love for my Wii.

I've been using Wii Fit fairly regularly for the last month and have noticed a significant change in my body strength and balance. I'm just far more aware of how I move. Yes, going to the gym regularly and working out with a trainer has the same result and I do enjoy the gym. But there's something about the Wii's marriage of game theory and fitness that really speaks to me. 

I'm seriously considering these gloves, which scares me. 

No comments: